Here are some events that have taken place recently in our parish community.
- A Letter from Bishop Crosby OMI, Bishop of Hamilton - To the Clergy, Religious and Lay Faithful of the Diocese of Hamilton, In recent weeks there has been increased media attention to a staggering number of past cases of sexual abuse of minors which have taken place at the hands of Church leaders in the United States, including Priests, Bishops … Continue reading A Letter from Bishop Crosby OMI, Bishop of Hamilton
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FATHER LARRY!! - The priest continues the work of redemption here on earth… The priesthood is the love of the heart of Jesus. Happy 20 th Anniversary Father Larry On May 23rd We celebrate Father Larry Parent on his 20th Anniversary of Ordination. After Morning Mass he was treated to coffee and cake.
- 40th ANNIVERSARY TALENT NIGHT - 40th Anniversary Talent Night What a wonderful night!! Thank you so much to all who came out. The talents shared were so AMAZING!! Here is a recap of the evening in pictures.
- Police Choir and Dragon Boat Breast Cancer Survivor Fundraiser - On Sunday evening December 3, the first Sunday of Advent, Blessed Sacrament welcomed the 40 voice strong Waterloo Region Police Services Male Chorus who presented a concert of seasonal and other music under the direction of Natalie Robinson and accompanist Sheila Wallace. Our sanctuary was ideally suited to this type of presentation and the rich tone … Continue reading Police Choir and Dragon Boat Breast Cancer Survivor Fundraiser
- Our Refugee program – final update (December 10, 2017) - Good evening/morning. My name is Mary Borys and with my husband, Tom, we are the chairpersons of the Blessed Sacrament Refugee Sponsorship Committee, which began its initial stages of the ministry over two years ago along with many other Canadian organizations in response to the tragic situation of refugees throughout the world, particularly in response … Continue reading Our Refugee program – final update (December 10, 2017)
- 40th ANNIVERSARY GOLF TOURNAMENT - Blessed Sacrament Parish’s 1st Annual Golf Tournament September 23rd, 2017 To help celebrate Blessed Sacrament Parish’s 40th Anniversary, 39 golfers gathered on this fine Saturday morning at The Grand Valley Golf & Country Club. As they enjoyed beautiful weather and each other’s company, many other parishioners were also there to assist in the events. Father … Continue reading 40th ANNIVERSARY GOLF TOURNAMENT
- 40th ANNIVERSARY GARDEN - The journey of a 60 X 5 ft. flower bed at the front of the church began last summer when a mass of dandelions invaded the premises. Father Larry sprayed the bed and it laid fallow over the winter and into the spring. It was not a pretty site and many questions arose as to … Continue reading 40th ANNIVERSARY GARDEN
- 40th ANNIVERSARY PARISH PICNIC - The 40th Anniversary Parish Picnic was held Sunday, June 11th in the school fields across from the church parking lot, under hot and sunny skies. From what was seen and heard, the event was a tremendous success and was truly a display of Blessed Sacrament’s “communion and community” in and around our neighborhood. That is … Continue reading 40th ANNIVERSARY PARISH PICNIC
- Youth Group Bowling Party - The very first joint Junior and Senior Youth Group event of this year was a huge hit (or rather, a huge strike)! Members of both groups had a chance to get to know each other over a fun evening of bowling. Question: why should a bowling alley be extremely quiet? So you can hear a … Continue reading Youth Group Bowling Party